03 Aug, 2018 · · Comments
Do you know you can use Soapberries in ways other than washing your laundry?
Here is a recipe for Soapberries Shampoo and Handwash.
- After straining your boiled soapberry liquid, add guar gum to thicken
- Add 1-2 tsp of guar gum per 500ml. The viscosity of the liquid is a personal choice, so experiment with what works best. We add 2 tsp per 500ml to reach a viscosity similar to that of conventional shampoo
- If you do not have guar gum, you can supplement with cornflour or agar agar. Both are available from health food stores
- If you have a hand-held blender, mix the guar gum through the liquid to remove all the lumps and incorporate properly
- Add a few drops of essential oils to make a great smelling scent. Add your desired amount to the thickened mixture
- The mixture will be frothy and full of tiny bubbles to begin with, but when left to stand, the bubbles will disappear
- Be sure not to get the mixture in your eyes when using